Nourish Me Home
125 Soul-Sustaining, Elemental Recipes
Cortney Burns, Heami Lee
Nourish Me Home features 110 recipes in 6 chapters that pay homage to the seasons and the elements of water, fire, air, and ether. The curious, creative, fearless Cortney Burns—formerly of Bar Tartine—is back with a personal cookbook project about nostalgia, immigration, and her own uniquely delicious recipes
Cortney Burns's cooking always includes layered flavors and textures, surprising ingredients, and healthful twists, and her recipes range from weeknight turn-tos such as salads, soups, and vegetable-forward mains to the homemade liqueurs and ferments she's famous for.
• Teaches readers how to convert their own experiences and sense of place into kitchen inspiration and development of a personal cooking style
• Recipes cover mains to drinks and desserts to condiments, such as sauces and pickled fruits
• Complete with hand-drawn illustrations and 100 vibrant photographs
As in Bar Tartine, the pantry of preserved foods forms the backbone of this cookbook, adding all the physical and mental health benefits of fermented foods and streamlining cooking.
The focus here is on healthy, vegetable-forward recipes, emphasizing techniques for turning proteins into side dishes or seasonings, rather than the main event.
• A groundbreaking project that connects seasonal cooking to raising one's personal vibration
• Perfect for home cooks, those dedicated to mindfulness, fans of Cortney Burns and Bar Tartine, foodies, professional chefs, and restaurateurs
• Add it to your collection of books like Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat, Six Seasons by Joshua McFadden, and Dining In by Alison Roman